Sunday, September 22, 2013

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satistfied." Matthew 5:6



Sometimes you meet someone and you know right away that there is a relationship waiting to be built. You muddle around for a little, and then finally something clicks. All of a sudden you just become completely comfortable and drop any pretense you might have had. You just start being yourself, and open up your heart for whatever might happen next.
Sometimes I feel like I have wandered so far off the path that God wanted me to be on. But without fail, every time I go back into His word and trust Him with my life rather than trying to do it on my own, He shows me His faithfulness. He opens my eyes to the love He has for me in a different way each time. Sometimes I don’t even realize it until after the fact, and other times it seems to surround be instantly.
This was one of those instantaneous times, I believe. I wrote to Him, broken and tired of hurting and trying to do things my own way, and I dove into His word.  Immediately I was filled with peace. He restored my joy, and I could genuinely smile again. I felt free from the suffering I was putting myself through. But He didn’t stop there. Someone was brought into my life that I believe is truly a blessing. I can’t say much else about it now without sounding like an annoying, cliché teenager, but I can say that God knows my heart and I can testify from experience how personal of a God he really is.
 No matter what happens in my life though, In every up and every down, I have to live in the promise that God made me that He will always love me, and always be faithful. The things He blesses me with in the world are nice, but trivial in the long run. If I lose sight of Him I lose everything.

I am truly blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment