Monday, March 4, 2013

Okay so life is overwhelming

As if you didn't already know that.

But can I just reiterate..... OVERWHELMING.
It's like one thing after another! For weeks I've felt like no matter how many times I tried to get back up, something else just knocked me back down.
Until I talked to my mom and best friend tonight.
Tonight, I decided I'm not going to go to prom this year. Instead, I'm going to spend the evening with my awesome parents, and my best friend, India. It will be a perfect birthday/prom celebration. I am overjoyed with excitement! When I called India to make sure she'd be able to come, she told me that she got her gym membership! Now as trivial as that sounds, her getting that means so much to me. I've had so many friends make tons of empty promises to me. But the fact that India has kept each and every one of them, including the one that she was going to work out with me, only furthers the fact that she is a true friend and that I am SO lucky to have her.
God is really molding me in this time of my life. Even though I have moments where I feel incredibly alone, I remember the wonderful people he has put in my life, and I don't feel so alone anymore. I know that when May 25th comes (and I really need it to come fast) that I will walk across that stage with dignity, and covered in the grace and love of God. I will walk across that stage knowing I put a wholehearted effort into my school work, and into living for Him. The best part is, I don't even care if I'm the only person in the room who knows it. Because I know that if I'm working hard to live for Christ then He will recognize that. And living for Jesus is all I want to do with my life.

1 comment:

  1. Ellie, I am so glad to hear that you have such a great friend. I had one good friend in high school, and that's all I really needed. Congrats on your upcoming graduation. It's got to be exciting to have a wide open future.
    I am sorry to hear though that you feel lonely often. I do, too. That's a hard thing to deal with, but I love hearing about your heart for God and your contentment in knowing that He sees all you do. That is so important. Take care and God bless your future and your friendships.

    ReplyDelete