Monday, August 12, 2013

Immeasurably more.

In 3 days I move into my dorm. I start an entirely new life, filled with new freedom, new choices, and new experiences. And it's starting to hit me just how incredibly different life is going to be. I'm nervous in some ways; nervous that I may not be as strong in my faith as I think I am; nervous that I will stick out when I claim to be a Jesus lover. But God steps in and shows me that He is holding me in His almighty hands. My roommate and I were best friends in 8th grade, and we kept in touch all through high school. She has incredible faith, and walks so humbly with The Lord. She's already talking with me about visiting churches when we can't make it to Passion, and about the different organizations they have on campus that we could get involved in. I am entirely too blessed to have her in my life. But it doesn't stop there. God does the immeasurably more to show just how much He cares about me. As it turns out, a girl who was a counselor with me over the summer (Anna) is going to North Georgia too. She and I bonded that week over funny stories of the crazy kiddos we were with all week, and on a more personal level on many occasions. Right before we left to go home from that week of camp, I asked her where she was living and who her roommate was. She told me which dorm and that the girl's name  she was rooming with was Keegan. I didn't think too much of it but promised her we would hang out all the time when we got up there. Well, a few weeks later Lacey (my roommate) came over and spent the night. As we were getting ready for bed the name Keegan suddenly popped into my head. I couldn't think of any reason why, so I just kind of brushed it aside. Then, at like 3am (yes, we were definitely still up talking such) I remembered why Keegan was such a familiar name! When we went to orientation for college back in early June, we had roommates for the one night we stayed in the dorms. Lacey's roommate for that night, and a girl she became fast friends with was Keegan! I got to meet her and hang out with her a little, and I thought she was really sweet. But only God knew that our paths would cross again in such a spectacular way! I texted my friend from camp to tell her, while Lacey texted Keegan to ask her if she wanted to go to church with us that Sunday and to ask her if she was going to go to the BCM things that were planned. Keegan gave Lacey a definite yes, and told her how finding friends who were Christians was an answer to her prayer.
Don't you just love it when God does things in your life to remind you just how much He loves you?
Tell me my God isn't detail oriented and loving and I will tell you about His faithfulness to me. He is all powerful and without a doubt incredibly caring about even the little things in life.  My God is able to to immeasurably more than I could ever imagine.; my heart // life // soul are Yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment